Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a 2008 Ford Expedition EL. The hazard lights have…

Customer Question
Good morning, I have...

Good morning, I have a 2008 Ford Expedition EL. The hazard lights have come on by themselves from time to time throughout the years and will not turn off. If I recall usually during the rainy season. I have pressed the hazard button and it would turn off for a second or two and start flashing again. This happens weather the car is on or off. Also, I have no dimming lights inside the car. they will only turn on if I rotate the switch on the dash to full on. Had not happened for a while and a couple of days ago, when I went to my car the hazard lights were flashing and my battery was drained where the car would not start, I assume it had been on all night. By the way, I live in south Florida and went through a hurricane recently and the front of the vehicle was facing the wind and rain.

Mechanic's Assistant: Just to clarify, can you tell me which light it is? And does it blink first, then stay on steady?

First the dome lights do not turn on when you open the doors. Second, the hazard lights will not turn off even if you press the button.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Expedition EL yourself? What have you tried so far?

Resetting the computer by disconnecting the battery has worked in the past and putting a fan blowing air underneath the front passenger side dash board has helped.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Not that I can think of

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Ford
9/27/2017
Ford Mechanic: Ron, ASE Certified Technician replied 10 months ago
Ron, ASE Certified Technician

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I am happy to assist you today. Give me just a moment to review your post, and I'll be right back with the help you need.

The usually suspect for this type of problem is caused by internal shorting in the CJB ( interior fuse panel) which is located on the passenger side of the truck usually due to water intrusion into the CJB which cause the shorting. You need to start with removing it and inspecting it for any signs of corrosion and or moisture when it rains. If any is found you need to locate the source of the water leak as well as make sure the windshield is sealing.