Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

The interior map lights of my 2008 Ford Focus won't turn off…

Customer Question
The interior map lights...

The interior map lights of my 2008 Ford Focus won't turn off when pressed, whether or not the key is in the ignition or doors are closed.

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fuses? Have you checked the door switches?

Door switches seem fine, I don't know how to check the fuses

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Focus yourself? What have you tried so far?

Just turning offf the lights

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

My car was just worked on recently where they had to remove an alarm system that was installed by a previous owner

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Ford
Answered in 1 hour by:
9/27/2017
Ford Mechanic: Chris (aka- Moose), Technician replied 10 months ago
Chris (aka- Moose), Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose).

• Although I work here everyday, please understand it is not all day and rarely morning time.
  • To get the most from me and the best experience, please give me the best details you can.
  • The website will offer you a phone call option for more $$. Some I do fulfill and some I do not.
  • Thanks, let's get started. If I upload dropbox links, without the app use the box in the top right for direct download.

Is the dimmer switch correctly adjusted?

If you remove fuse 9 from the fuse box inside the car does the map light then go out?

I don't know what those questions mean. I don't know where the fuse box is.

The fuse box is behind the left side of the dash.