Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

My car wont shift out of park, i have already changed the…

Customer Question
My car wont shift...

My car wont shift out of park, i have already changed the brake light switch, the gear shift assembly and checked all fuses, is there a reset I have to check?

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the brake fluid? How's the level and when was it last changed?

No i have not checked that it was good but i can check it again. any other suggestions?

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the make/model/year of your car?

2007 ford focus

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Focus yourself? What have you tried so far?

Lol yes just what i stated above

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No i cannnot think of anything

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Ford
9/26/2017
Ford Mechanic: HDGENE, Ford Senior Master/Diesel/Trans replied 10 months ago
HDGENE
HDGENE, Ford Senior Master/Diesel/Trans

Hello, and thank you for using Just Answer! My name is***** me a few moments to review your question and Ill do my best to assist you.

Hello, do the brake lights work? Do you have power and ground to the shift interlock solenoid on the shifter?

hello, thank you.I have not checked the power and ground. I have changed the gear shift assembly, the brake light switch and checked all fuses. Is there some sort of reset anywhere?

There is no reset. As long as the stop lamps work when you depress the brakes, it should send a signal to the shift interlock solenoid on the shifter when the brakes are applied to allow the shifter to move out of park. Make sure the brakes lights are working, if not, check for power to the stop lamp switch, if they are working, make sure you have power and ground at the shift interlock, if not then there is an open circuit from the stop lamp switch to the shifter

if you need more help or information please let me know. If I was helpful, please use the 5 stars above to leave a positive rating.

Hi, do you need more help with this concern?