Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

2001 7.3 Ford Diesel Excursion. Original engine, serviced…

Customer Question
2001 7.3 Ford Diesel...

2001 7.3 Ford Diesel Excursion

Mechanic's Assistant: How old is the engine? And when was it last serviced?

Original engine, serviced last week

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Excursion yourself? What have you tried so far?

I am not working on it myself. For a number of years on rare occasions you will be going down the road and it loses power, but the engine does not die. You simply put it in neutral, pump the accelerator a few times and it cranks back up and off you go. Sometimes it happens several times in a day and then it may not do it for several months.

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Ford
9/27/2017
Ford Mechanic: HDGENE, Ford Senior Master/Diesel/Trans replied 10 months ago
HDGENE
HDGENE, Ford Senior Master/Diesel/Trans

Hello, and thank you for using Just Answer! My name is***** me a few moments to review your question and Ill do my best to assist you.

Hello, the engine turns off like you shut off the key? It starts right back up and runs? No warning lights are on? Any diagnostic trouble codes stored?