Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a 2004 crown vic and the rear running lights come on…

Customer Question
I have a 2004...

I have a 2004 crown vic and the rear running lights come on in the morning but don't come on in the evening

Mechanic's Assistant: Just to clarify, what are the exact lights you're talking about?

The rear running lights and tag. Brake lights work fine.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '04 Ford?

Crown Vic

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

What do you recommend

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Ford
9/26/2017
Ford Mechanic: Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician replied 10 months ago
Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** welcome to just answers! I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is the system prompting you, not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required. If I don’t answer right away or quickly in conversation I am helping another customer or have stepped out for a moment and will respond as soon as I can. Ok lets get started!

so the front running lights dont come on when the rears are on?

Fronts work fine.
Rear is the problem

is this a police car?

no

ok so im looking at the wiring diagram for that and the exterior lights power are all on one circuit, so you either have a connection issue in the power supply or a ground problem, the ground for that is in the center of the trunk and there are a few splices for the power, the main one being (IN MAIN HARNESS, NEAR BREAKOUT TO IGNITION SWITCH ) thats the locations it is giving me

Please let me know if you have any further questions.
Now that I have posted a partial or complete answer, you will see you can rate me. The deposit you have already paid is not transferred to me until you rate me. I would like to receive nothing less than 5 star excellent ratings. So if we are not there yet, please reply and let me help more. If you're not pleased, let me know because rating bad does not result in a refund, there are better options. Rating now will not close this post nor prevent replying. Thanks Shawn.