Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a 1997 f250 power stroke and the breaks suddenly

Customer Question
I have a 1997...

I have a 1997 f250 power stroke and the breaks suddenly quit. the brake pedal is hard and will barely stop the truck. found the power steering was low but can fine nothing else wrong

Mechanic's Assistant: When was the fluid last checked? Have you heard any whining noises while turning the wheel?

All the fluid is ok and had the truck serviced Aug 27

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your F250 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Checked all the fluid but have not checked the fuses

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Ford
9/26/2017
Ford Mechanic: Pete, Auto Service Technician replied 7 months ago
Pete, Auto Service Technician

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

Can you tell me what liter engine is in your model here?

Let me know,thanks Pete

Ron, ASE Certified Technician