Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I just made a 900 mile trip and fought it all the way.after…

Customer Question
I just made a...

I just made a 900 mile trip and fought it all the way.after it warms up at low rpm it spit and sputters most of time it dies but will start back on first crank.i ran a code scanner and got 12 codes most where for the trany but it was shifting fine

Mechanic's Assistant: How old is the transmission? Have you noticed any leaking?

It has a very small leak by the shifter

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your 900?

1985 f 150 302. E4od

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your 900 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Icm pcm spark plugs and wires coil injectors tps map sensor

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I cjanged the high pressure fuel pump and the low pressure fuel pump in the front tank and the pressure regulater last year

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Ford
9/26/2017
Ford Mechanic: HDGENE, Ford Senior Master/Diesel/Trans replied 10 months ago
HDGENE
HDGENE, Ford Senior Master/Diesel/Trans

Hello, and thank you for using Just Answer! My name is***** me a few moments to review your question and Ill do my best to assist you.

Hello, what codes did you have and did any go away after changing these parts? It idles ok in park or runs rough in park? Or it runs rough all the time and a lack of power all the time?

It runs good idles smooth in park lots of power but after it warms up it cuts out will stall in gear only at low rpm

Ok what codes were there before repairs and are they all still there since replacing these parts? No transmission repairs been done?

The codes are 137. 327. 654. 565. 558. 622. 629. 626. 542. 624. 637. 327.

Ok and none of these codes went away? Is this a carbuereted or fuel injected engine?

The spark plugs and wires.coil and fuel filter was don after this happen

Ok and none of these codes went away? Is this a carbuereted or fuel injected engine? This is a 1985 F150? It should be two digit codes for this early model

Efi . i took battery cables off for about 2 hours and scaned 2nd time and 137 327 and 626 where not listed but all the others where
truck is 85 but engine is a 91 tbird 5.0 h.O and the computer is for a 94 bronco with the 5.8
Ford Mechanic: 6Bucs, Senior Master Tech replied 10 months ago
6Bucs
6Bucs, Senior Master Tech
Phone call session started