Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Ambient air temp sensor isn't on the bottom of my right

Ambient air temp sensor...

Ambient air temp sensor isn't on the bottom of my right mirror

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the connectors on the sensor itself? It's important that they not be loose or corroded.

Where is it?

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Ford?

2011 F350 SD the VIN says 2011 but on the right door says that it was built on august 2010

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your F350 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yep well that's the only issue I have so far . I replaced ball joints u joints in the rear shaft wheel bearing and the most easy staff I can't do because I don't know the location of this sensor

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I've looked for months and I can't find it It's always -40 degrees on my dash

Answered in 1 minute by:
9/25/2017
HDGENE
HDGENE, Ford Senior Master/Diesel/Trans

Hello, and thank you for using Just Answer! My name is***** me a few moments to review your question and Ill do my best to assist you.

Alright . Do you need the vin number pal

That would be of help or knowing if its gas or diesel

It's a DRW gasser

It should be inside the mirror like shown. If you remove the cover it should be there if its a 2011 model.

I went to Ford dealer to get the sensor and according to ford and the trucks vin the sensor is on the bottom of the right mirror . By the way my mirrors are heated mirrors and don't have the plastic cap underneath or space like the mirror you are showing me
It's a flat surface and nothing can be stick or taken out of it . As if somebody changed the mirrors or something

Give me the VIN number please. Has the issue been like this since you have owned the truck?

Ok 1FT8W3D66BEA96644
when I bought it last year it's been since then p0073 is the code

Ok and does the truck have manual ac or electronic climate control? Did you see the note at the top of the proceedure tht fleet and manual ac systems do not use an Ambient temp sensor but calculate it?

That would make sense

Does it have manual ac?

what would be the sensor to be replaced instead of the ambient temp sensor
you mean like you turn it on or off at will?
I always push the ac button when it's hot and turn it off when it gets cold

If it doesnt have that sensor it is calculated through the intake air temperature sensor and the engine coolant temperature sensor. Since its a used vehicle it is possible someone changed the mirrors. The door panel would need to be removed to gain access to the wiring for the mirror to see if the wiring is there for the sensor.

Ok . I'm going to do that . It's maybe there if not I'll check the other two sensors
Thanks man!

With the door panel off, follow the wire harness off the mirror to this large connector and see if this wiring is in the connector and the same circuit for the air temp sensor in the mirror. If you need more help please let me know. If I was helpful please use the 5 stars above to leave a positive rating.

Absolutely!

Very good, thank you!

Yeah!

Just remember to rate the question please. no need to reply unless you need more help.

HDGENE
HDGENE, Ford Senior Master/Diesel/Trans

Thank you!

I did

Great, let me know what you find, I will get a notification you responded.