Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

1995 ford f-150 6 cylinder truck cranks and runs good for…

Customer Question
1995 ford f-150 6...

1995 ford f-150 6 cylinder truck cranks and runs good for about 5 minutes. During this time it will accelerate and run fine. Then it starts skipping on 1 cylinder, then 2 cylinders , then 3 cylinders and dies (within about a minute or less). Will crank back up immediately and idle great all day, but will not accelerate without going dead.

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fuel supply? And are all the spark plugs working?

Yes.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your F150 yourself? What have you tried so far?

No; a mechanic is working on it. swapped computer, checked fuel pressure, idle control valve, fuel injectors are pulsating, replaced some kind of box on the fender well.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Can't think of anything right now.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Ford
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/25/2017
Ford Mechanic: AMEDEE, FORD TECHNICIAN replied 8 months ago
AMEDEE
AMEDEE, FORD TECHNICIAN

Hello and welcome!

My name isCustomerand I can assist you with your question.

I am very sorry your having this issue with your vehicle.

I will try my best to answer all of your questions.

However, before we get started, please let me mention a few things.

1. If at any point you would like to speak on the phone, please feel free to request a phone call on your end and I can call you right away.

2. If you dont understand any technical terms or anything that I mention (component tests or theory or operation), please let me know and I will provide you with a more in debt explanation or answer.

3. Please understand that I am here to help.

Are you looking for some possible causes or would you like me to walk you through this diagnoses?

Would you be willing to speak on the phone?

Ron, ASE Certified Technician