Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Just purchased a 2017 Ford F350 diesel 6.7 Powerstroke with…

Customer Question
Hello. just purchased a...

Hello. just purchased a 2017 Ford F350 diesel 6.7 Powerstroke with only 22 km on it. The location was 1000 km from my home (all highway driving). From what I understand on the internet, I may have glazed the cylinders (permanently damaging the vehicle). Is this true? If so, what is the fix for it and how do I know if it is damaged?

Mechanic's Assistant: How old is the engine? And when was it last serviced?

Its new

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your F350 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Its new

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Ford
9/25/2017
Ford Mechanic: Pete, Auto Service Technician replied 10 months ago
Pete, Auto Service Technician

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

Do you mean with driving it 1000 miles new?

Is it running poorly now or smoking at all?

Did the dealer know you were driving it this far?

Let me know,thanks Pete