Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a 2000 ford explorer that is idling at 2000rpm after…

Customer Question
I have a 2000...

I have a 2000 ford explorer that is idling at 2000rpm after i unpluged the iac

Mechanic's Assistant: How many miles are on the car? What size is the engine?

180000 there about

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Explorer yourself? What have you tried so far?

Well It was idling at 3000rpm's before I unpluged the iac and thats it right now.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Thats it

Submitted: 12 months ago.Category: Ford
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/25/2017
Ford Mechanic: Jaybird61, ASE Certified Master Technician replied 12 months ago
Jaybird61
Jaybird61, ASE Certified Master Technician

Hi, My name is Jay

What is the engine size?

Have you had the engine checked for any vacuum leaks?

Will need to know the 8th digit of your VIN to know the correct motor you have.

Ford Mechanic: Eric Gardner, ASE Certified Technician replied 11 months ago
Eric Gardner
Eric Gardner, ASE Certified Technician

Hello, I would like to try and help with the high idle problem.

Ford IACs are likely to be the problems in these cases, but based on you description, I think we should look for vacuum leaks first.

Let me know if you would like to proceed with trouble shooting.