Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

It misses when you give it gas going down road The fuel

Customer Question
It misses when you...

It misses when you give it gas going down road The fuel pressure is 30. Psi

Mechanic's Assistant: How many miles are on the vehicle? And when was it last serviced?

185000 doesn't know

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Ford?

2000 ford excursion 4/4 6.8

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Excursion yourself? What have you tried so far?

Test fuel pump install pressure regulator fuel

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Fuel filter

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Ford
9/25/2017
Ford Mechanic: Pete, Auto Service Technician replied 11 months ago
Pete, Auto Service Technician

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

Your fuel pressure looks to be in range so this isnt the issue here.

The most common cause for a misfire when accelerating is spark loss.This comes from an ignition coil breaking down and failing under load ( very common ) or a worn spark plug.

If you have a scan tool that displays engine data signals observe the cylinder misfires to see if you can see which one is misfiring when this happens.Then that cylinders spark plug needs inspected for wear or damage or build up.If it is o.k. try swapping a coil with another cylinder to see if the misfire swaps with it.If it does then that coil needs replaced.This has to be done with a compatible scan tool to read misfire data.

If this was already done and spark is not the issue let me know.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Does this cost 33.00 every time I have prblem

It looks like your a member so that shouldnt be the case.You would have to speak to customer care in the link below on this.But if you have any more issues with this same fault here on your vehicle or need more info you can always come right back to this post here and reply to me, your same question.

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help

Let me know if you need anything else and feel free to rate my help here or above ( should be a link to click on ) as this is how I receive credit for my time,this can be done at any time and you can still come back here and reply if needed.Your 5 star rating is appreciated

Thanks Pete