Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

No start. It’s a new battery radio comes on but no lights on…

Customer Question
Yes it’s a new...

Yes it’s a new battery radio comes on but no lights on dash

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Ford?

2009

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

I e tried everything the dash has no lights on just the airbag light and the radio comes on the windows works the lights work everything works jus no dash light and no start

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Thats all

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Ford
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/24/2017
Ford Mechanic: Fix It Man, Master Technician replied 10 months ago
Fix It Man
Fix It Man, Master Technician

Hello, my name is***** you tell me which model your Ford is.

2009

I understand it is a 2009, but what kind of Ford is it?

2009 Ford Fusion s

Does the engine crank over when turning the key? Does the check engine light come on when the key is turned on?

The only thing it does is the radio comes on no lights on dash but the airbag light. I took it to the dealership they told me it was the cluster got that fix still no results

It sounds like you may have an issue with the ignition switch or the main control module. If you have a voltage meter I can run you through some tests that will help you to find the issue.

what are the steps
Where is the main control module located

I would not worry about the module at this time. No need to just replace parts. I need to know what the voltage is at the battery as the vehicle sits and what it does when someone tries cranking the engine.

The battery is brand new that’s what I did first. The dash has no power once u try starting the car it does nothin but the radio comes on and one airbag light and no other lights on the dash

Can you tell me what the voltage reading is at the large terminal at the fuse box under the hood.

14.2

Does the IGN fuses in the fuse box all show the same voltage with the key on?

that’s the first thing my step father checked when the car first got the problem and yes they are reading the same voltage

Is the anti theft light on when you try cranking the engine?

No it’s no.
I even got a new key made and programmed and still nothing no dash lights

I would suspect the ignition switch then. You can test it by accessing it and seeing if all but the blue/white wire show voltage with the key in the run position. If not then it is bad.

Will the ignition switch cause the dash not to light up

Yes, if that circuit is not getting the signal to turn on then this will occur.

But the radio comes on

Yes but there are different circuits that get different signals from the ignition switch and the modules.

Ok I’ll check the ignition wires tomorrow

Let me know what happens and if you need more help.

Ok thanks

THank you

Wit the main control module if I try to jump off the starter and nothing happens does it mean it’s the control module.
If I try to jumpstart directly at the starter does that mean it’s the control module

Not necessarily. Do you have a scan tool? If so does it communicate with the vehicles computer and give you codes and data?

I have the scan tool..
When you hook it up and turn the key on does it communicate with the computer?
Ok the fuse was blown for the dash I replaced it now the security light just blinks rapidly and the check engine light blinks
Security light blinks rapidly
Does your scan tool communicate with the vehicles computer?
but no codes are coming up

Can you pick up any of the sensor readings?