Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Drivers side only blowing hot air. replaced the blend door…

Customer Question
Drivers side only blowing...

Drivers side only blowing hot air. replaced the blend door actuator as it was only blowing cold now it only hot

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the coolant level? Have you checked the hoses for leaks?

Yes coolant leval is good

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Ford?

08 f350

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your F350 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes, replaced 2 blend door actuators

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Ford
9/24/2017
Ford Mechanic: A. Penland, Ford Senior Master Technician, ASE replied 10 months ago
A. Penland
A. Penland, Ford Senior Master Technician, ASE

DOes you F350 have dual climate control which means the passenger and drivers side temperatures can be controlled separately?

I replaced the blend door actuator under the dash by the floor board. and I replaced the actuator near the fuel peddle on the drivers side

Does the passenger side temperature change from cold to hot with the AC turned on?

yeah
it works fine

Where did you get the replacement parts and the drivers side temperature blend door actuator motor is located on the bottom of the evaporator case near the floor board. See below.

Just need to make sure that is the actuator you replaced.

I got it from napa auto parts and yes that is the one I replaced today

A lot of these actuators look the same, but do not function the same.

Can you remove the actuator without removing the dash?

If so, remove it and manually try moving the door in the case and see if the temperature changes. This will verify that the door is working properly. I really do not trust NAPA actuators. I have run into issues with them because some of them are made by Dorman out of Korea. They are generic and the HVAC module does not recognize them.

But first try this self test below on the AC control panel and see if any Trouble codes appear.

when I did that I got 10 03 and 22 66

P1003 Mode Door Circuit Failure

P2266 Left Side Blend Door Circuit Failure

I would recommend installing a Ford actuator for the drivers side.

OK do I need to do a calibration or any advise on if the motor nob dosen't line up with the blend door. or just manually move blend door so the gears line up and then install.
could it be anything else?
I will definitely be picking up a ford blend door actuator

It is the aftermarket actuator. That self test pulls hard faults that are present now during the test.

The knob/shaft should be identical to the factory one you removed.

Right I'm just wondering on the blend door position if it's not where the blend door motor position is just move it manually so they lineup correct

The shaft of the motor should only go into the door one way.

Ok thanks

Your welcome.