Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

There is anoise from under my dash. 5 beeps at 5 times all…

Customer Question
HI There is...

HI There is anoise from under my dash . 5 beeps at 5 times all so the brake like is on.i replaced brake fluid is fuej .and sendser .ebrake is up al the way . please help

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the brake fluid? When was it last changed?

Yes its full

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Ford?

2006 f150 4x4 extened cab

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your F150 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes filled the fliud level and parking brake

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

The brake light is on

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Ford
9/24/2017
Ford Mechanic: Kenny Z., Ford Senior Master Tech replied 10 months ago
Kenny Z.
Kenny Z., Ford Senior Master Tech

Hello, my name is***** and thanks for your question.

This is caused by an inoperative airbag warning indicator, either from a burned out bulb or other circuit concern. When the indicator is inoperative the airbag module will sound the 5 beeps 5 times until the fault is corrected.

If you are satisfied with your answer, please take a moment to rate my service as you see fit. Experts are not compensated without a positive rating. Providing a rating does not close the question, you can reply or ask additional questions without incurring further charges.

The brake light will be a separate concern unrelated to the beeping.

Is there anything else I can help you with?

Hello again,
I noticed you have viewed my replies without responding or rating. Is there anything else I can help you with to close out this thread and finish our session? If you are satisfied with your answer, please respond with "I am satisfied with your answer" or "your answer helped". I will then forward that response to the site admin so my feedback can be updated and our session closed out.
Thanks,
Kenny Z

OK then, I will have the question closed out. Hopefully the answer I provided was of some help to you.

Best,

Kenny