Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Nothing is wrong. I bought illuminated kick plates and want…

Customer Question
Nothing is wrong....

Nothing is wrong. I bought illuminated kick plates and want tower them to the third break light dome wire

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the brake fluid? How's the level and when was it last changed?

What are you talking about

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Ford?

2017 f150 crew cab lariat I want to tie in the illuminated kick plates to the dome light wire. The best way I have found to do this is to follow the 3rd break light dome wire.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your F150 yourself? What have you tried so far?

I haven't tried anything yet It is not broken

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Is this service free?

Mechanic's Assistant: The Ford Mechanics require payment for their services. It's way less expensive on JustAnswer than face-to-face would cost.

No thank you

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Ford
9/24/2017
Ford Mechanic: A. Penland, Ford Senior Master Technician, ASE replied 10 months ago
A. Penland
A. Penland, Ford Senior Master Technician, ASE

You want to wire the kick plates/sill pates to the 3rd brake light so they come on when the brake lights are on?
Or do you want to wire them to the dome light circuit?