Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Dashboard warning lights have stopped lighting up. 2009

Customer Question
Dashboard warning lights have...

Dashboard warning lights have stopped lighting up. 2009 Ranger

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fuses? The dashboard bulbs?

Have not

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Ranger yourself? What have you tried so far?

Its my son's truck and he's 60 miles away So I haven't gotten to do anything yet

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Could it be a fuse only? Running light out?

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Ford
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/24/2017
Ford Mechanic: Chris (aka- Moose), Technician replied 10 months ago
Chris (aka- Moose), Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose).

• Although I work here everyday, please understand it is not all day and rarely morning time.
  • To get the most from me and the best experience, please give me the best details you can.
  • The website will offer you a phone call option for more $$. Some I do fulfill and some I do not.
  • Thanks, let's get started. If I upload dropbox links, without the app use the box in the top right for direct download.

Will the truck still crank and start and run fine?

Which engine?

starts & runs fine. Low tire pressure light came on yesterday, aired up tire. But today, none of the warning lights are lighting up when starting
Not sure which engine, V6. Son is at work so I can't ask him now

While driving are the gauges all responding correct?

Do the turn signal indicators and high beam indicator work?

I assume that everything else is working OK, all he told me was the warning lights weren't working. Reckon that I should have had more information before contacting you
Could it something as simple as a blown fuse?
I read earlier that if a tail light or run'n light was out, that might make the dash lights go out?

Prior to you and me just assuming and you ending up with an answer of not much use. Do you want to just hold off until later when you have more proof?

that would be much better, thank you. How do we do that?

Just log back in and reply later. I take a break around dinner for a few hours then come back online.

OK, thank you

You bet

Chris, just talked to my son after he got off of work. All lights and warning lights working now on his truck. Must have been a fluke, dang flakey electronics!

Keep in touch as needed