Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

It idles and when you put it into gear it dies, its my

Customer Question
It idles and when...

It idles and when you put it into gear it dies, its my fathers car who is a senior and cannot walk and I am a hour away trying to help him. he said it thru a code of a fuse but I am thinking it could be the ISC value not a fuse.

Mechanic's Assistant: How old is the transmission? Have you checked the brake switch?

It has 75,000 original miles on it.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '75 Ford?

2004 ford taurus

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Taurus yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes fixing myself

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Is this a fuse? if so how do we replace?

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Ford
9/24/2017
Ford Mechanic: AMEDEE, FORD TECHNICIAN replied 11 months ago
AMEDEE
AMEDEE, FORD TECHNICIAN

Hello and welcome!

My name isCustomerand I can assist you with your question.

I am very sorry your having this issue with your vehicle.

I will try my best to answer all of your questions.

However, before we get started, please let me mention a few things.

1. If at any point you would like to speak on the phone, please feel free to request a phone call on your end and I can call you right away.

2. If you dont understand any technical terms or anything that I mention (component tests or theory or operation), please let me know and I will provide you with a more in debt explanation or answer.

3. Please understand that I am here to help.

Are you looking for some possible causes?

Do you have the code number by chance?