Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Removed DPF to have cleaned put on straight pipe. started…

Customer Question
Removed DPF to have...

Removed DPF to have cleaned put on straight pipe. started truck once. tried again and the ignition showed a lock out on instrument panel.

Mechanic's Assistant: Will the headlights turn on? Is the battery fully charged?

No and yes

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Ford?

08 F350

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your F350 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes. tried to reprogram it to unlock ignition

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Does he hav a phone

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Ford
9/24/2017
Ford Mechanic: Chris (aka- Moose), Technician replied 8 months ago
Chris (aka- Moose), Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose).

• Although I work here everyday, please understand it is not all day and rarely morning time.
  • To get the most from me and the best experience, please give me the best details you can.
  • The website will offer you a phone call option for more $$. Some I do fulfill and some I do not.
  • Thanks, let's get started. If I upload dropbox links, without the app use the box in the top right for direct download.

Did you use a programmer to trick the computer that the DPF is still on the vehicle?

DO you have a scan tool to see which codes are stored?

No I didn't trick the computer
I have a code reader but not sure how to use it
I just want to know how to unlock the ignition so I can start my truck!
Are you still there?

You will need to first off reassemble the truck back to stock. You cannot remove things designed to be there without doing things to the computer to make it think those parts are still installed. So first off you need to remove both negative battery cables, reinstall the DPF and plug in all the sensors. Reconnect the batteries and try to start and if it fails let me know what codes are stored.

Now that I have posted a partial or complete answer, you will see you can rate me. The deposit you have already paid is not transferred to me until you rate me. I would like to receive nothing less than 5 star excellent ratings. So if we are not there yet, please reply and let me help more. If you're not pleased, let me know because rating bad does not result in a refund, there are better options. Rating now will not close this post nor prevent replying. Thanks Chris

Chris (aka- Moose), Technician