Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Broken ground strap fire wall to unknown location. 2010 f150…

Customer Question
Broken ground strap fire...

Broken ground strap fire wall to unknown location

Mechanic's Assistant: Okay, I'll connect you to the mechanic to discuss this further with you. Before I do, is there anything else you want him to know?

2010 f150 xlt 4.6

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Ford
9/24/2017
Ford Mechanic: Chris (aka- Moose), Technician replied 10 months ago
Chris (aka- Moose), Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose).

• Although I work here everyday, please understand it is not all day and rarely morning time.
  • To get the most from me and the best experience, please give me the best details you can.
  • The website will offer you a phone call option for more $$. Some I do fulfill and some I do not.
  • Thanks, let's get started. If I upload dropbox links, without the app use the box in the top right for direct download.

Where is attached on the firewall so I can help you find where it goes?

directly behind the right side valve cover

Right being the passenger side?

The only ground I an find in that area is 105 shown here. https://www.dropbox.com/s/vg2rkeptpkdh68y/105.png?dl=0 However Ford states that is only for a 5.4 engine. The one you found may not be used on your model. Is this causing concerns with the vehicle?

Now that I have posted a partial or complete answer, you will see you can rate me. The deposit you have already paid is not transferred to me until you rate me. I would like to receive nothing less than 5 star excellent ratings. So if we are not there yet, please reply and let me help more. If you're not pleased, let me know because rating bad does not result in a refund, there are better options. Rating now will not close this post nor prevent replying. Thanks Chris

new altenator charging and not charging Belt is good was checking all connections and grounds when I found this one broken. Does it go to the back of the block

Can you upload a picture of it.

No

You can attach it to the engine it will not hurt, it is just not shown in the Ford diagrams.

Is the battery charge light on?

What is the battery voltage while running with this issue occurring?

What brand alternator was installed?

I just grounded the engine and so far so good. When the battery light comes on I have only about 12.5 volts the light goes out and I get a good 14 volts. The battery is good a near 13 volts.

Do you want to keep monitoring it for a while with this ground strap attached.