Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

My 2014 panoramic room will not close all the way. 2014 edge…

Customer Question
My 2014 panoramic room...

My 2014 panoramic room will not close all the way.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '14 Ford?

2014 edge roof

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

I tried the initialization, but it still wont close all the way.

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Ford
9/24/2017
Ford Mechanic: 6Bucs, Ford Senior Master replied 10 months ago
6Bucs
6Bucs, Ford Senior Master

Hello and thank you for your question. My name is James.

Can you describe what exactly happens when you attempt to close the roof? Does the shade close? Are you using the one touch feature, or holding the close button?

Thanks

James.

Holding the close button. The glass stops about 6 inches short. When I tried initializing, The shade eventually closes, but the glass does not. Not sure if user error on that, but not sure what else to do.
This is what I tried, but the glass never got to the closed position.Start the engine.
If sunroof open, then press and hold the glass close switch until the glass is in CLOSED position.
Release, repress and hold the glass close switch (for at least 10 seconds).
- The glass panel will move toward the front hard-stop and stall.
- The shade panels will move toward their front hard-stops, stall, move back a few millimeters, then forward.
- After the shade panels have finished moving backward and forward, release the glass close switch.
Press and hold the glass close switch.
-The glass and shades will fully open together. Then, the glass will close first and then the shades will return to the fully CLOSED position. When the shades have stopped moving, release the glass close switch.
Initialization is now complete. Verify successful initialization by carrying out one-touch open, one-touch close, one-touch vent (glass) and one-touch open for the shades.
- If roof opening panel does not operate correctly, repeat Steps 2 through 5.
Nevermind...this is taking too long and I don't want to pay extra for a phone call. I'm going to the dealership now. Please return my money paid.