Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Left trailer turn sigmal not working on 2002 ford ranger,

Customer Question
Left trailer turn sigmal...

Left trailer turn sigmal not working on 2002 ford ranger, fuse was blown for trailer lights fixed short replaced fuse. still not working, checked futher and found left trailer tun fuse blown, replaced , still not working. hooked to another vehicle and all lights worked on trailer

Mechanic's Assistant: Most vehicles have two fuse panels. Have you located both?

Yes and rewplaced both fuses as they were blown

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Ranger yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes, have test for power back up through harness as far as fuel tank and got no signal

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

That should be it

Submitted: 12 months ago.Category: Ford
9/23/2017
Ford Mechanic: Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician replied 12 months ago
Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** welcome to just answers! I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is the system prompting you, not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required. If I don’t answer right away or quickly in conversation I am helping another customer or have stepped out for a moment and will respond as soon as I can. Ok lets get started!

ok so do you have a test light or volt meter?