Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

2004 f150 driving to work truck just shut of waited a couple…

Customer Question
2004 f150 driving to...

2004 f150 driving to work truck just shut of waited a couple of minutes try to start it it stumbed a couple of times then started is a fuel module problem

Mechanic's Assistant: Has the vehicle turned into a gas hog? And how does it start -- same as usual?

Yes

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your F150 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes nothing yet my son has replaced it before I live in bakersfield ca two months of 100 plus dregee

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Ford
9/23/2017
Ford Mechanic: Jaybird61, ASE Certified Master Technician replied 10 months ago
Jaybird61
Jaybird61, ASE Certified Master Technician

Hi, My name is Jay

Have you replaced the fuel pump in the tank and the fuel pump driver module mounted on the frame near tank or spare tire?

Have you verified you lost fuel pressure?

Ford Mechanic: Eric Gardner, ASE Certified Technician replied 10 months ago
Eric Gardner
Eric Gardner, ASE Certified Technician

Please let me know if you would like to proceed with trouble shooting.