Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

It want start. I just installed a new starter two weeks ago.

Customer Question
It want start....

It want start. I just installed a new starter two weeks ago

Mechanic's Assistant: When you turn the key, do you get a single loud click, or a series of rapid ones?

Yes it sound. Sound come from under the dash.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Ford?

2010 Ford Taurus

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Taurus yourself? What have you tried so far?

Tested the battery it’s good. Check fuse box it good. Under hood furs box. Is good.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

My key has broken

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Ford
9/23/2017
Ford Mechanic: Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician replied 10 months ago
Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** welcome to just answers! I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is the system prompting you, not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required. If I don’t answer right away or quickly in conversation I am helping another customer or have stepped out for a moment and will respond as soon as I can. Ok lets get started!

Do you have a key you can use thats not broken?