Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

My head lights are acting up. When I turn them on, my right…

Customer Question
My head lights are...

My head lights are acting up. When I turn them on, my right headlight, blinker and fog light go dim. And my right turn signal lights up and my fog lights are both onn but not selected on.

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fuses? Have you checked the bulbs?

I've tried tapping the lenses to see if there is a loose connection. it doesn't flicker on any of them. if it was a fuse they wouldn't work.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Ford?

2006 F-150 lariat, 4 X 4, 5.4 ltr.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your F150 yourself? What have you tried so far?

I am. I'm just getting started. looking for ideas or quick fixes

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Not that I can think of right now.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Ford
Answered in 1 hour by:
9/23/2017
Ford Mechanic: Chris (aka- Moose), Technician replied 7 months ago
Chris (aka- Moose), Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose).

• Although I work here everyday, please understand it is not all day and rarely morning time.
  • To get the most from me and the best experience, please give me the best details you can.
  • The website will offer you a phone call option for more $$. Some I do fulfill and some I do not.
  • Thanks, let's get started. If I upload dropbox links, without the app use the box in the top right for direct download.

Has anything been altered or wired into the headlight wiring?

No

Thanks, ***** ***** get into wire testing with you. Are you getting the same results using low and high beams?

Hello Chris here again,

I am checking in to make sure you got everything you expected from my answer. The option to rate my response or reply is still available. I want to make sure you were pleased with what you paid for.

Thanks Chris

Hey Moose, sorry it took awhile to get back to you. Ok, they do the same thing with the high beams on. Checked the fuses and relays all check good. Found the right blink bulb blow so I R&R'd bulb, no help still doing the same thing. Suspect a short somewhere. Since I don't have access to a schematic I'm not sure which wires to check.
Never mind I found the short. Thanks anyway.
I don't know about paying you another $26 dollars though...??? Since you really didn't do anything for me.

Sorry you could not reply sooner so I could post an answer and get paid for helping.

Ron, ASE Certified Technician