Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have two issues since having my truck serviced for exhaust…

Customer Question
I have two issues...

I have two issues since having my truck serviced for exhaust manifolds. The a/c does not work and the radio is powered on but no sound.

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fuse?

Yes, all of them

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Ford?

2004 F150 lariat

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your F150 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Myself now. The shop replaced the ac compressor but still don't work. Showed me on the diagram that he tested all relays and compressor would kick on. Told me the pcm must be bad????

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

The radio has the antenna wires connected and it's not the mute button

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Ford
9/22/2017
Ford Mechanic: eric remington,
 replied 8 months ago
eric remington

does the ac compressor clutch get power and ground do you have a terst light and or a volt meter?

No
Ford Mechanic: eric remington,
 replied 8 months ago

getting power or no you don't have testing apparatus if not h0w can I help you?

I stood there as he jumped all the hi/low and safety switches and it turned on. However when button pushed in cab nothing initiates. I have a meter.
Ford Mechanic: eric remington,
 replied 8 months ago

ok so perhaps we haver a bad switch...do you remember which one he jumped and can we go ahead and replace that one?

No,lol he jumped them all and it turned on.
Ford Mechanic: eric remington,
 replied 8 months ago

ok but maybe it was the last one he jumped that made it work no way they could all be bad.... make sense?

Yep, He gave me a schematic with everything but I miss placed it.
I guess I will take it back into a different place. That I know is good on a/c repairs. A heard anything about the radio issue before?
Ford Mechanic: eric remington,
 replied 8 months ago

would you like another schematic...do you want me to help you find problem...the low pressure switches do fail often but it may be another one. can u bypass the low pressure sensor?

I will need another schematic
Ford Mechanic: eric remington,
 replied 8 months ago

D​O YOU KNOW WHERE THE LOW PRESSURE SWITCH IS? ITS ON THE AC ACCUMALATOR

Ok got it
Ford Mechanic: eric remington,
 replied 8 months ago

TRY TO BYPASS THAT AND SEE IF THE AC COMPRESSOR CLUTCH ENGAGES

Ok gimme a minute
Ford Mechanic: eric remington,
 replied 8 months ago

ok take your time

Jumped out and nothing. Is it a N/O or N/C switch
Checked high pressure too and nothing
Ford Mechanic: eric remington,
 replied 8 months ago

ok going to get u a schematic...and you are sure all fuses are installed and are good...not blown?

Ford Mechanic: eric remington,
 replied 8 months ago

the system has Freon in it still?

pulled them all and inspected
Ford Mechanic: eric remington,
 replied 8 months ago

just to be sure start vehicle turn on ac and see if you are getting power to compressor clutch sometimes compressor clutches do fail

Whole new compressor and clutch assembly. Yes vehicle is on and a/c on with temp set at 60
Ford Mechanic: eric remington,
 replied 8 months ago

o​k see if you are getting power and ground...tell me if one is missing or both...power and or ground that is

Ok out of time. Got to get up at 4am to go to work. Thanks
Ford Mechanic: eric remington,
 replied 8 months ago

ok I will be here let me know what results you get

Ford Mechanic: eric remington,
 replied 7 months ago

and then?

Ford Mechanic: eric remington,
 replied 7 months ago

how is it going?

eric remington
eric remington
eric remington