Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Getting codes p7000 p0756 and p2701. P7000 p0756 and p2701…

Customer Question
Getting codes p7000 p0756...

Getting codes p7000 p0756 and p2701

Mechanic's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the exact code? And have you tried to reset it?

P7000 p0756 and p2701 yes I have

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Ford?

2006 f350 ;arite larite

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your F350 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes, just had transmission fully rebuilt, I just replaced all solenoids had the fmc flashed

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Ford
Answered in 1 hour by:
9/22/2017
Ford Mechanic: 6Bucs, Ford Senior Master replied 8 months ago
6Bucs
6Bucs, Ford Senior Master

Hello and welcome to Just Answer. My name is James.

There isn't a listing for a p7000 code. Is this possibly a typo?

Were these codes in the system before the transmission rebuild? What was the original reason the transmission was repaired?

Were the solenoids replaced after the rebuild? Thanks.

James.

Sorry meant p0700.
Yes some of them were I can't remember which but I know it had to do with solenoids.
Yes that's part of the reason I had it rebuilt, also because it has 240k miles and I knew it was coming close to a rebuild.
Yes I replaced the solenoids.

Alright. This might be a problem with the transmission wiring harness.

Was the internal harness replaced with the trans or solenoid repairs?

No it was not. Could it possibly be a fmc issue? I had it rebooted but still same issue.
I only ask because I was going to order a new one along with a ficm

It could be a pcm or a harness issue. If you have a volt/ohm meter and some time we can go through the electrical tests to narrow it down, or if you're planning on replacing the PCM and FICM, we can come back to it after they are programmed to the vehicle.

I have a meter. I should've checked that idk why I didn't think of that. 4.3 reading to solenoid I think right?

Resistance across solenoid B should be 4.1-4.6 ohms. You should disconnect the harness at the PCM and check from there. This will test the vehicle harness and internal trans harness.

See the attached diagram of the trans harness at the PCM

Transmission Connector Pin NumberDescriptionDiesel PCM Connector Pin NumberGas PCM Connector Pin Number

1SSPC-E1312

2Not Used——

3SSPC-B102

4SSPC-D1211

5SSPC-C1110

6Not Used——

7Solenoid VPWR749

8TCC1413

9Not Used——

10PC-A223

11Not Used——

12SSPC-A91

13Not Used——

14Not Used——

15TR Signal2519

16Not Used——

17TR Ground2250

18TFT Signal2629

19Not Used——

20Solenoid VPWR749

21VPWR for TR Sensor only139

22SGNRTN3041

23Not Used——

24Solenoid VPWR749

To check the internal harness..

CHECK THE INTERNAL HARNESS

• Drain the transmission fluid.
  • Remove the transmission fluid pan.
  • Disconnect: Affected Solenoid.
  • Measure the resistance between pins 1, 3, 4, 5, 8, 10 and 12 transmission bulkhead side and pin 2 at each associated solenoid connector.
  • Measure the resistance between pins 7, 20 and 24 transmission bulkhead side and pin 1 at each associated solenoid connector.

Are the resistances less than 0.5 ohms? If no, then replace the internal harness.

If yes,

CHECK FOR A SHORT TO GROUND

• Measure the resistance between pins 1, 3, 4, 5, 8, 10 and 12 harness side and ground.

Is the resistance greater than 10,000 ohms?

Do I need to pull the pan to do that or can I do it from the engine bay where it's connected to the ecm

Check from the connector on the PCM. If you find a problem, Disconnect the connector at the transmission and then you can check resistance and short to ground on the affected circuits.

6Bucs
6Bucs
6Bucs, Ford Senior Master