Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Can you answer questions about my Edge? 2011 Edge. We don't…

Customer Question
Can you answer questions...

Can you answer questions about my Edge?

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Ford?

2011 Edge

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

We don't have a Ford Dealer here in Prince Rupert

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Right now my fob won't work and so can't start my car :(

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Ford
Also, I tried changing my headlight & it's too difficult to get in there - wire seems too short?
9/22/2017
Ford Mechanic: Master Auto Tech., master tech. replied 10 months ago
Master Auto Tech.
Master Auto Tech., master tech.
Did the problem start after you disconnected the battery? Or what happened?
I went to my manual to see how to change bulb and had a really hard time getting the bulb out. It certainly isn't as easy as it says. Got the bulb out but couldn't get it plugged back in. It was late so had to leave until today to deal with. Now car won't start :/
I didn't disconnect battery?
Are you getting a no key detected signal or does it just not start?
No key detected & won't turn over
I'm sorry you are having problems with your vehicle. I will try to help.I'm a full time mechanic and have been a mechanic for over 20 yrs and I work part-time here on JustAnswer to help you and others repair their own vehicles, and I get credited by your ratings.. So before leaving the site make sure and leave me a rating. You can still reply to me as many times as neeed, even after the rating.. I will need for you to be my hands and eyes since I'm not there.Ok so first make sure your car battery is fully charged. Then disconnected the battery for 5-10 min and recheck operation.I strive to provide 5 star service. If I satisfactorily answer your question please rate it as such and hit submit. Doing so is the only way I get compensated for my time. Also it doesn't close the discussion so we will still be able to communicate if there are further questions.
Thanks
Sonny
I know nothing about cars. I'm annoyed our Ford Dealer closed down here :(. How do I check my battery?
Disconnect for 5-10 min then reattach cables and try to restart it. If it starts do the self test on all modules. And clear codes of any come up.
Do all lights come on ok?
I took my daughters car and so I have to drive back to my car. She is needing car & telling me. It will be about an hour before I get back to car. Was hoping it was something she could do but guess not
I will log back in when I get to my car
that is annoying when that happens. I'm sorry to hear your having the trouble as well.You can just have her disconnect the battery for 5-10 min and try it. If it works great. If not then try putting a charger on the battery for a few hrs.
Also just FYI I will be logging off in an hr and 15 min. I'll be back on several hrs later. I'm sorry bout that. But I can help you before or after that.
Thanks
No problem. I hope it helps as well
I just wanted to check, how did everything work out? Do you still need help? Just let me know. Thanks