Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Think my blend door is bad a/c works good heat feels like…

Customer Question
Think my blend door...

Think my blend door is bad a/c works good heat feels like a/c is still on

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the coolant level? Has there been any leaking from the hoses?

Coolent is good no leaks both hoses to heater core are hot rear heater works good

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the make/model/year of your car?

2000 ford expledition

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Expedition yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes nothing really

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Ford
9/22/2017
Ford Mechanic: rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor replied 8 months ago
rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor

Hi, I'm Ron and I will be helping you today.
Stand by for a moment while I prepare your answer.

Affirmative on the blend door theory, it is stuck in the cold position. Location is under the dash inside the heater box.

Please understand that I don't know your skill level or tools
you have to assist us. Also understand that I can't see, smell,
hear, or touch the vehicle either, so your patience is
appreciated. JA is a great Q/A site, but it does not replace a
repair shop. So please don’t shoot the messenger if I have to
deliver bad news:)
If you are satisfied with my answer, I would greatly
appreciate a 5 star rating now before you leave the site and I
will still assist you after you have rated me too if another
question pops up. I don’t get credit for helping you until
you rate me

Thanks, Ron

Did you have any more questions for me at this time?

Thanks again, Ron

Thanks again and please remember to rate me 5 stars now
and keep this link in case you need me again later on.
I don’t get credit for assisting you until you rate me
My goal is to assist you in the repair of your vehicle by
supplying you with well educated information. I may not
always have the exact fix you wanted to hear, but my job is
to get you on the right track, which I always do. I can’t hear,
see, smell or touch your vehicle from where I’m at, so your
understanding of that is greatly appreciated. There are no
magical answers, but I do my best to guide you in the right
direction.

rpmdiag
rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor