Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Ive got a 02 Ford F150 Engine L, No start, got Crank, Spark,

Customer Question
Ive got a 02...

Ive got a 02 Ford F150 Engine L, No start, got Crank, Spark, Fuel pressure, checked TPS, CKP, CMP, MAF No SES or gauges, some warning lights in key in Run Position.

Mechanic's Assistant: Does the light stay on, or does it blink?

No service engine soon light at all gauges dead

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your F150 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Have access to mitchell1 family waiting for responses

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I'm pretty smart

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Ford
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/22/2017
Ford Mechanic: Chris (aka- Moose), Technician replied 11 months ago
Chris (aka- Moose), Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose).

• Although I work here everyday, please understand it is not all day and rarely morning time.
  • To get the most from me and the best experience, please give me the best details you can.
  • The website will offer you a phone call option for more $$. Some I do fulfill and some I do not.
  • Thanks, let's get started. If I upload dropbox links, without the app use the box in the top right for direct download.

You have good fuel pressure and good spark. That leaves no injector pulse as a possible cause or the anti theft system activated. If the theft system is to blame the theft light will flash fast with the key in the run position. Do you know how to check these?

Now that I have posted a partial or complete answer, you will see you can rate me. The deposit you have already paid is not transferred to me until you rate me. I would like to receive nothing less than 5 star excellent ratings. So if we are not there yet, please reply and let me help more. If you're not pleased, let me know because rating bad does not result in a refund, there are better options. Rating now will not close this post nor prevent replying. Thanks Chris

haven't heard back from you yet. I found a blog that pointed towards a problem in the engine fuse box. I tapped on it a few times with a rubber hammer and wiggled the wiring harness and still a No Go.
The SES light does not illuminate when the key is in the run position. OBD2 reader can communicate with PCM and there are no codes. RPM gauge does not move when I start with starter fluid.
Any questions??
Ford Mechanic: David Craig, Auto Mechanic replied 10 months ago
David Craig
David Craig, Auto Mechanic

Hi Im David, no rpms, no injector pulse = computer not seeing engine rotation=crankshaft sensor.

did you check the signal coming out of the crank sensor?

I check the Crank Signal AV Volts .52
AC Volts .52
I have spark, the Engine will sputter with starter fluid, I can jump pin 30 to 87 on the fuel pump relay and plenty of fuel pressure.
Do I need to check for Crank Signal at the PCM?

I'm going to open this up to the others. I'm on vacation and do not want to keep you waiting.

Ford Mechanic: Lou P., ASE Certified Technician replied 10 months ago
Lou P.
Lou P., ASE Certified Technician

Hello, my name is***** and I will do my best to assist you.I am going over your story now and will reply back soon with some info,thanks!

can you tell me what you mean by "No gauges"? and also was this a tow in and do you know if the truck died one day or just would not start?

also what is the fuel tank level?