Ford

Have Ford Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Ford

2013 ford Taurus started this morning, then died. nothing

works on it. when it...
2013 ford Taurus started this morning, then died. nothing works on it. when it died the headlights stayed on, but I disconnected the ground wire to get the headlights to turn off. It doesn't appear to be a dead battery, since the headlamps, but since I disconnected the ground and reconnected the lights don't come on.
JA: Have you checked the fuses? Have you checked the bulbs?
Customer: No, since the trunk won't open, the door locks don't work, the interior lights don't come on, the alarm from the remote doesn't work, can't lock the doors with the remote. It appears that the battery the is completely dead or a computer module might have blown.
JA: Are you fixing your Taurus yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I am not trying to fix it myself, the only thing I have done was to disconnect the battery to get the headlamps off and reconnect to have some electrical power back to the car. Then I was at a loss of what to do next, besides of trying to charge the battery.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Not that I can think of.
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/22/2017
AMEDEE
AMEDEE, FORD TECHNICIAN

Hello and welcome!

My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with your question.

I am very sorry your having this issue with your vehicle.

I will try my best to answer all of your questions.

However, before we get started, please let me mention a few things.

1. If at any point you would like to speak on the phone, please feel free to request a phone call on your end and I can call you right away.

2. If you dont understand any technical terms or anything that I mention (component tests or theory or operation), please let me know and I will provide you with a more in debt explanation or answer.

3. Please understand that I am here to help.

Would you like me to list some possible causes or would you like me to walk you through this diagnoses?

List some possible causes

Most certainly.

Please understand, without pinpoint testing, it is hard to say for sure what is going on. It could be several different things.

However, I will list some possible causes for you.

Here are the most likely possible causes...

• Battery
  • Battery connections or cables
  • Faulty engine or frame ground
  • Main or maxi fuse or fuses
  • High current battery junction box
  • Battery junction box

I am glad I can help!

Please don't forget to honor your good faith deposit by rating my answer as "5 STARS or SMILEY FACES" for assisting you today.

Keep in mind, we can still continue this conversation at no further cost to you even after you rate my answer. Just reply back to me using this page and I will get it and get back to you ASAP!

I just ask that you allow time in between replies as I may be helping other customers or off line spending time with the family.

Also, if you are a member or if you have a subscription to the site, you still need to rate my answer in order for me to get credit for assisting you with your question.

You should see the rating system towards the top of the page.

Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Thanks and have a great weekend!!

AMEDEE
AMEDEE, FORD TECHNICIAN
Thank you
AMEDEE
AMEDEE
AMEDEE, FORD TECHNICIAN