Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

The electric cooling fans run all the time the engine is…

Customer Question
The electric cooling fans...

The electric cooling fans run all the time the engine is running, even from a cold start???

Mechanic's Assistant: Will the headlights turn on? Is the battery fully charged?

Headlights work normally, battery charged

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Ford?

2006 Freestyle

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Freestyle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes myself, just looked so far..

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Don't know if it matters but the CVT trans is replaced With a 6 speed (five hundred trans)

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Ford
9/22/2017
Ford Mechanic: Ricardo Hohl, Master Certified Tech replied 8 months ago
Ricardo Hohl
Ricardo Hohl, Master Certified Tech

Hi welcome to just answers my name is Ricardo. CVT transmissions have a temperature sensor that also controls fan operation in case of overheating fluid. did this happen after replacing the transmission?

Ron, ASE Certified Technician