Dan, Technician
Experience:  Independent Shop Experience, 2 Year Automotive Diploma, & Access to Information Database
17871496

I drove my 2013 ford fusion 80 miles to work today got into

I drove my 2013 ford fusion 80 miles to work today got into boston off sturrow drive temp immediately redlined i panicced pulled over shut car over check radiator jug it was empty cracked the cap and vented it started car temp gauge read normal what is the hot level on radiator fluid

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I'm here to help get your problem solved.

If this was the first time problem has ever happened it most likely means you have a sticking thermostat which is around $350 job at a shop depending on where you go. Let me know if you have more questions or if there is anything else I can do to help, thanks .

Customer: replied 24 days ago.
Is that why when the rpms are high its ok but slowing down it overheats

It is possible, I would also make sure your cooling fans are working. If cooling fans are working then I would go ahead and replace the thermostat. Make sure not to overheat vehicle as that is one of the worst things you can do and it can quickly lead to major engine damage. Let me know if you have more questions, thanks.

Customer: replied 24 days ago.
you think the stat is stivking why at high speed no issues

It is possible, usually overheating at low speeds means the cooling fan isn't working so make sure to check that first. If cooling fan isn't working then I'd go ahead and replace the thermostat. But overheating at low speeds and not high speeds usually means radiator is clogged or cooling fan isn't working. Let me know if you have questions, thanks.

Customer: replied 24 days ago.
It was out of coolant due to recall itvwas not the thermostat