Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

It for a derby this weekend and i just put a new start in it…

Customer Question
It for a derby...

It for a derby this weekend and i just put a new start in it and it just clicks what is it

Mechanic's Assistant: Where exactly do you think the noise is coming from? And how long has this been going on?

The starter just clicks but doesnt turn over and couple days....we just bough a new battery and starter but still wont start

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Ford?

1999 crown vic idk the model

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes am and we have try hotwiring it but still nothin

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

And it not running off the stock fuel pump

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Ford
Like idk what it is I have tried everything and nothing works so I’m hoping u would help me
9/22/2017
Ford Mechanic: eric remington,
 replied 10 months ago
eric remington
you have a volt meter
I think so but not sure
Ford Mechanic: eric remington,
 replied 10 months ago

yes you will need one to find problem ck the cables ck all connections... a couple different possibilities

Ford Mechanic: eric remington,
 replied 10 months ago

no click nothing? do dash lights light up ck all fuses?

it just does one click and yes all tgw light come up
Ford Mechanic: eric remington,
 replied 10 months ago

so what is clicking? relay or starter? you will need a volt meter....cables could be an issue relay bad connection ignition switch antitheft system to name a few neutral safety switch...so yoe you need to test circuit...get a meter I will teach you how

Start and we by passed the relay and Okay but we have it running off a aftermarket fuel pump and the anti theft is unplug form the dash
Ford Mechanic: eric remington,
 replied 10 months ago

not making sense...what is car doing does it crank you said you had starter problem...is that fixed? so you have more than one problem?

When u turn the key all it does a click that comin form the start and I just replaced the starter and then I put it all in and still just click when turn the key
Ford Mechanic: eric remington,
 replied 10 months ago

a click form the starter? you need a voltmeter

Ford Mechanic: Chris (aka- Moose), Technician replied 10 months ago
Chris (aka- Moose), Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose).

• Although I work here everyday, please understand it is not all day and rarely morning time.
  • To get the most from me and the best experience, please give me the best details you can.
  • The website will offer you a phone call option for more $$. Some I do fulfill and some I do not.
  • Thanks, let's get started. If I upload dropbox links, without the app use the box in the top right for direct download.

We can not hold up some good derby action. Would you like me to help?

We got it thanks tho guys

Have fun destroying it.

Oh I will thanks

You bet.