Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

After hooking up my battery backwards, I don't have current…

Customer Question
After hooking up my...

After hooking up my battery backwards, I don't have current to fuse number 25, 27,30,31,34,36 . My brakelights wont work, My hazards wont work, My starter wont work and my trans is stuck in park on a Ford 350 cutaway school bus.

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you have brake lights? Have any trouble codes popped up?

Havent scanned it

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your F350?

2001

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your F350 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes, checked all fuses and current to them

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Yes I fries the fuse link at the solenoid and replaced it

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Ford
9/22/2017
Ford Mechanic: 6Bucs, Ford Senior Master replied 11 months ago
6Bucs
6Bucs, Ford Senior Master

Hello and thank you for your question. My name is James.

Have you checked the battery junction box under the hood for blown fuses as well? The fuses you listed are in the cab, correct?

Also, which engine is in your bus?

7.3 all of those fuses are inside. now the outside has no current to position 5 and 6 10 A fuse in the relay box
no phone call unless its 26 instead of 36 dollars
The website automatically suggests phone calls they don't usually come from the experts. Give me a few minutes to look over the diagrams. This is an E series, correct?
E series yes

Ok, thank you. Which fuse link(s) were replaced? Are there two near the starter relay?

There are two and the one that blew was at the starter relay mounted to the fender wall (solenoid?). This wire was connected to the Fuse/relay box under hood
From what I can tell these circuits effect the brake lights, shift lock (automatic), hazard lights. are these items traceable to one or two circuits where I may have a fuse link