Ford

Have Ford Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Ford

For my 2004 F-150 If I install a new ingition cylinder that…

For my 2004 F-150 If...
For my 2004 F-150 If I install a new ingition cylinder that comes with a new key which has a transponder, ho do I reprogram it, or do I have to go to a dealership to have programmed?
It's not a U.K. Ford but a box popped up after I posted that and didn't offer Ford as a choice
9/21/2017
Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems

Hi, I'm Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting your reply ASAP.

hey how are you

no problem

i m in the u.s and we have u.s model correct ?

Please let me know

Thank You

Chad Farhat

Click on link and tell me if this what you changed and it came with key ,but now it will start and die in few secs or do not start at all and we have security light flashing on dash

Do you have 2 already programed keys

2004 Ford Truck F 150 2WD Pickup V8-5.4L SOHC VIN 5

Save Article

KEY PROGRAMMING USING TWO PROGRAMMED KEYS NOTE: - This procedure only works if two or more programmed ignition keys are available and it is desired to program additional key(s). If two keys are not available, refer to Key Programming Using Diagnostic Equipment. See: Antitheft and Alarm Systems > Programming and Relearning > Using Diagnostic Equipment - PID SPARE_KY must be enabled for this procedure to operate. If this PID is not enabled, follow the security access procedure. Refer to Anti-Theft Security Access and select SPARE KEY PROGRAMMING SWITCH: ENABLED. - If the programming procedure is successful, the new key(s) will start the vehicle and the THEFT indicator will illuminate for approximately three seconds. - If the programming procedure is not successful, the new key(s) will not start the vehicle and the THEFT indicator will flash. If the programming procedure was not successful, repeat the key programming procedure from Step 1. If the failure repeats, refer to Diagnosis and Testing to review the DTCs and carry out the pinpoint tests as necessary. - A maximum of eight ignition keys can be programmed to a passive anti-theft system (PATS) equipped vehicle. If more are needed, refer to Key Programming Switch State Control. See: Antitheft and Alarm Systems > Programming and Relearning > Switch State Control - If the steps are not carried out as described, the programming procedure will end. - Ignition keys must have correct mechanical key cut for the vehicle and must be a PATS encoded key. - If the vehicle is in unlimited key mode, this spare programming procedure still functions. Any two keys that can start the vehicle may be used to program in an additional unlimited key. 1. Insert the first programmed ignition key into the ignition and turn the ignition from OFF to ON (maintain the ignition in ON for one second). 2. Turn the ignition OFF and remove the first key from the ignition lock cylinder. 3. Within 10 seconds of turning the ignition OFF, insert the second programmed ignition key into the ignition and turn the ignition from OFF to ON (maintain the ignition in ON for one second). 4. Turn the ignition OFF and remove the second key from the ignition lock cylinder. 5. Within 20 seconds of turning the ignition to OFF, insert the unprogrammed ignition key (new key) into the ignition and turn the ignition from OFF to START (attempt to start the vehicle). 6. If it is desired to program additional key(s), repeat the key programming procedure from the beginning.

If not , unfortunately you will need ford scanner or equivalent ,now days a lot of lock smith have these scanner and will come to you

Click on link to view pdf file showing the procedure if scanner is available

You are very welcome :)

Please Read Below How to Get Back in touch with Me

Please Take a Second and Click the Stars at the Top of Your Screen To Rate Me , So I May Receive my Credit , A 5 Stars Rating is Much Appreciatted

Follow Up Questions are Included in The Price of Your Question ,So Feel Free To Ask Me.

Please Keep in Mind that when you Rate Me , it Does Not End our Conversation.

You Can Always Come Back to this Conversation and Ask Me any Follow up Question you May have on this Issue

(You can Copy this Link Page & Paste it in your Browser when Ready and it will Open up our Conversation Again)

or there should be a Tab on your Screen to Add me As Your Favorite Expert

I'm Online Daily from 7 Am Till Late Eastern Time Zone

Thank You
Chad Farhat

Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat