Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a 1994 Ford Tempo GL 2.3 L. I need to know for the…

Customer Question
I have a 1994...

I have a 1994 Ford Tempo GL 2.3 L. I need to know for the red fuel switch button do you turn it on by pressing the button down?

Mechanic's Assistant: Okay, I'll connect you to the mechanic to go over that information regarding your Ford Tempo. Before I do, is there anything else you want him to know?

Yes, if you put to much engine oil in the tank will it cause the car not to start?

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Ford
9/21/2017
Ford Mechanic: Ron, ASE Certified Technician replied 11 months ago
Ron, ASE Certified Technician

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I am happy to assist you today. Give me just a moment to review your post, and I'll be right back with the help you need.

Are you referring to the inertia switch (fuel shut off) ?

The Fuel Shut off on the left side of the trunk..

If the switch is tripped all you need to do to reset it is push the red button down, if in fact its tripped it will click.

What about the question I ask about the engine oil?

Over full oil will not cause the engine to not fire up and run. How much over full is it?

Around one quart over

Being one quart over will not effect the engine starting. In order for the engine to start and run you need proper fuel pressure, good spark to the spark plugs and injector pulse. Have you checked each one of these to see which one your lacking?

I just recently change the spark plugs and valve cover gasket this week and added b-12 fuel treatment, engine treatment and oil treatment because it was pinging and or knocking now it want start.

Okay in order to determine why it will not start you need to start with checking to see if you have good spark at the spark plugs, injector pulse at the injector and proper fuel pressure.

Ok

Let me know what you find and we can work from there.