Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Im getting a P0353 cdoe. I have not, I replaced 4 other

Im getting a P0353...

Im getting a P0353 cdoe

Mechanic's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the exact code? And have you tried to reset it?

I have not, I replaced 4 other coils but was getting specifc cylinder missfire codes for those

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Ford?

06 f-150 5.4 flec

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your F150 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Well I had the same issue on 4 other plugs I replaced all of the plugs and replaced 4 other coilds coils* not sure if P0353 is specific to s certain cylinder

9/21/2017
Ron, ASE Certified Technician

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I am happy to assist you today. Give me just a moment to review your post, and I'll be right back with the help you need.

The common cause for the code P0353 is a failing coil on the #3 cylinder and or the circuit to it, one easy way to check it is to remove the #3 coil and swap it with the #2 coil and if the code then comes up P0352 that that means the coil has failed. If the misfire remains on the #3 cylinder then the problem is with the circuit from the coil to the PCM and to determine which you would need to run an OHM test from the coil connector to the PCM looking for any open in the wires. Before you do any of this try swapping the #3 coil with the #2 and see if the codes moves with it and let me know.

I just popped a New OEM ford coil on #3 and cleared the codes. I will let you know if it pops up again. I am betting that was it since a bunch of the other coils on my 5.4 burnt out earlier this summer.

I suspect you are right as its common for them to fail. Take it for a good test drive and see if the code returns, if it dose not then you should be good to go.

Ron, ASE Certified Technician