Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

Im getting a P0353 cdoe. I have not, I replaced 4 other

im getting a P0353 cdoe
JA: Just to clarify, what's the exact code? And have you tried to reset it?
Customer: I have not, I replaced 4 other coils but was getting specifc cylinder missfire codes for those
JA: What is the model/year of your Ford?
Customer: 06 f-150 5.4 flec
JA: Are you fixing your F150 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: well I had the same issue on 4 other plugs I replaced all of the plugs and replaced 4 other coilds coils* not sure if P0353 is specific to s certain cylinder
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: nope

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I am happy to assist you today. Give me just a moment to review your post, and I'll be right back with the help you need.

The common cause for the code P0353 is a failing coil on the #3 cylinder and or the circuit to it, one easy way to check it is to remove the #3 coil and swap it with the #2 coil and if the code then comes up P0352 that that means the coil has failed. If the misfire remains on the #3 cylinder then the problem is with the circuit from the coil to the PCM and to determine which you would need to run an OHM test from the coil connector to the PCM looking for any open in the wires. Before you do any of this try swapping the #3 coil with the #2 and see if the codes moves with it and let me know.

Customer: replied 30 days ago.
I just popped a New OEM ford coil on #3 and cleared the codes. I will let you know if it pops up again. I am betting that was it since a bunch of the other coils on my 5.4 burnt out earlier this summer.

I suspect you are right as its common for them to fail. Take it for a good test drive and see if the code returns, if it dose not then you should be good to go.