Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Randall. time and hope you are well. Got a Subaru 2015,

Customer Question
Good morning Randall. Long time...
Good morning Randall. Long time and hope you are well. Got a Subaru 2015, replacing rear left caliper that was already off. I would like your suggestions on bleeding.
Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Ford
9/21/2017
Ford Mechanic: Randall C, ASE MasterTechnician replied 11 months ago
Randall C
Randall C, ASE MasterTechnician

What model? I forget

Subaru impress sport awd

Ok, the easiest and safest way is to gravity bleed. The way its done is to open master cylinder lid, top off fluid, Go to the caliper shown below and open the bleeder, then? wait it out, after a few minutes the fluid will begin dripping. Once you see dripping start? let it drip a few more minutes, Close the bleeder then move to next caliper and do the same, Just do NOT forget to keep eye on the fluid level , dont let it get too low. Be sure to leave master cylinder cap off the whole time. Once you have done them all? top off fluid and put cap on and pump brakes. Now, you may? be able to bleed just the one claiper and not have to do the rest you can try that. here is the order the brakes are bled

Bleed air in the order starting from the brake caliper farthest from the master cylinder assembly.

Rear LH → rear RH → front LH → front RH

Rear LH → rear RH → front LH → front RH