Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Will crank but not start, Fuel is full. How do I check the…

Customer Question
Will crank but not...

Will crank but not start

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fuel supply? And are all the spark plugs working?

Fuel is full. How do I check the plugs?

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Ford?

2003 F350

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your F350 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes, no money to even tow it. You are the first. I've done nothing

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

The vehicle has sat for 6 mos. I see the oil is quite dirty. I let go the guy who was to be maintaining the vehicle and see that he wasn't.

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Ford
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/21/2017
Ford Mechanic: rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor replied 10 months ago
rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor

Hi, I'm Ron and I will be helping you today.
Stand by for a moment while I prepare your answer.

The problem can be a loss of spark or fuel. You can check
for spark at the plugs with a spark tester. Check
compression too for a possible valve timing issue with a
compression gauge. You can check fuel pressure with a
gauge and all of these tools should be available to you at
your local parts store for rent or purchase. You need to
check for any stored codes in the computer with a
code reader or a scan tool. The code reader only gives the
codes and definitions, where the scan tool gives you all
the needed data to diagnose the codes.

Please understand that I don't know your skill level or tools
you have to assist us. Also understand that I can't see, smell,
hear, or touch the vehicle either, so your patience is
appreciated. JA is a great Q/A site, but it does not replace a
repair shop. So please don’t shoot the messenger if I have to
deliver bad news:)
If you are satisfied with my answer, I would greatly
appreciate a 5 star rating now before you leave the site and I
will still assist you after you have rated me too if another
question pops up. I don’t get credit for helping you until
you rate me

Thanks, Ron

Did you have any more questions for me at this time?

Thanks again, Ron

Thanks again and please remember to rate me 5 stars now
and keep this link in case you need me again later on.
I don’t get credit for assisting you until you rate me
My goal is to assist you in the repair of your vehicle by
supplying you with well educated information. I may not
always have the exact fix you wanted to hear, but my job is
to get you on the right track, which I always do. I can’t hear,
see, smell or touch your vehicle from where I’m at, so your
understanding of that is greatly appreciated. There are no
magical answers, but I do my best to guide you in the right
direction.