Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

97 Ford F150 once started and put in reverse it immediately…

Customer Question
97 Ford F150 once...

97 Ford F150 once started and put in reverse it immediately cuts off. No problem in drive. Any suggestions??

Mechanic's Assistant: Will the headlights turn on? Is the battery fully charged?

Yes

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your F150 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes I am replaced fuel pump, spark plugs, vehicle speed sensor

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

And ECM

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Ford
9/21/2017
Ford Mechanic: Chris (aka- Moose), Technician replied 11 months ago
Chris (aka- Moose), Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose).

• Although I work here everyday, please understand it is not all day and rarely morning time.
  • To get the most from me and the best experience, please give me the best details you can.
  • The website will offer you a phone call option for more $$. Some I do fulfill and some I do not.
  • Thanks, let's get started. If I upload dropbox links, without the app use the box in the top right for direct download.

When it stalls in reverse does it try to move rear ward excessive?

If you hold the rpms up around 1200 then shift does it still stall?

No it does not move rear ward excessive.
Yes it still stalls

Can you get the vehicle on jack stands to see if it still stalls in reverse when going from N to R without the brake applied?

If you roll rear ward on a hill and select R from N does it stall?

Will have to check. Thank you

Super

Ford Mechanic: Chris (aka- Moose), Technician replied 10 months ago

Hello Chris here again,

I am checking in to make sure you got everything you expected from my answer. The option to rate my response or reply is still available. I want to make sure you were pleased with what you paid for.

Thanks Chris