Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Nothing, yet. I am about to purchase a used 2014 Ford CMAX…

Nothing, yet. I...

Nothing, yet. I am about to purchase a used 2014 Ford CMAX Energi and want to know what to expect.

Mechanic's Assistant: Okay, I'll connect you to the mechanic to go over that information regarding your Ford. Before I do, is there anything else you want him to know?

Does this cost anything?

VIN 1FADP5CU6EL512589
9/21/2017
Todd M
Todd M, ASE Certified Technician

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today. Just so the we have a clear understanding, are you looking for information on common causes and things to inspect before purchase?

as well as any common or recurring defects or failures that might cost me a bunch of money in the 2-3 year time frame.
The local dealer here in Nashville looked up the VIN and told me that there were no outstanding recall items that had not been addressed. I'm not sure I trust him on that, but that's what he said. He wants to charge 1 hour of time at $100 to do a physical inspection.

I understand. Of course, the information will go together with you inspecting the condition of the fluids, the driveability(engine and transmission), etc. Just a moment, please.

Here, is a complete. List of recalls and common issues that are associated with this vehicle. These are not things that are guaranteed to happen, these are just issue that are common to the vehicle.

These are things that should be considered before purchase.

If you require more information on this issue and/or are not satisfied, let me know, please, and I will attempt to assist you further on this. I hope this information points you in the right direction. If you have any further questions or concerns on this issue, feel free to ask. If you are satisfied, and have found this information helpful, a positive rating would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

A positive rating does not close the session. We will still be able to communicate, and I will still continue to assist you with this issue as needed.

Todd M
Todd M, ASE Certified Technician
Just one follow-up. Would it be reasonable to ask the Ford dealer to address each and every one of these items on the list for $100 and provide me with an estimate for those which s/he deems "required" for safe and long-term longevity of the car?
In other words, I presume each one of these repairs has a "book" value in their service computer that could be quoted to me rather quickly and easily, yes?

I think that the dealer would be happy to do a full check for that price. Also, yes, each of these will have a price that is set for labor and parts.