Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I changed my battery this morning when I put the new battery…

Customer Question
I changed my battery...

I changed my battery this morning when I put the new battery in I lost all of my gauges radio Windows interior lights basically everything but the turn signals and headlights so it has to be something very simple

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the vehicle's manual for this?

The truck did not have an owner's manual with it but I looked online for the fuse box schedule and looked at the couple of fuses that were really watch not working and they are all good

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Ford?

2004 F350 Diesel 6.0

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your F350 yourself? What have you tried so far?

I am working on it myself I changed the battery on the driver side this morning that's when the problem immediately started. I thought I may have bumped something changing the battery

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

There must be a common link involve in the battery something I may have bumped too involved at Mini accessories going out at once if you don't have any other words of wisdom I guess let me go ahead and talk to the mechanic

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Ford
9/20/2017
Ford Mechanic: Chris (aka- Moose), Technician replied 11 months ago
Chris (aka- Moose), Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose).

• Although I work here everyday, please understand it is not all day and rarely morning time.
  • To get the most from me and the best experience, please give me the best details you can.
  • The website will offer you a phone call option for more $$. Some I do fulfill and some I do not.
  • Thanks, let's get started. If I upload dropbox links, without the app use the box in the top right for direct download.

I know what is causing this but I need to determine why. Did this bad battery draw down the other battery as well resulting in a dead truck?

Did you accidentally arc the cables with the wrench or connect them backwards briefly?

Backwards but there was an arc as I connected the terminals I can't find any disconnected connectors or pinched wires it is the battery on the driver side that I changed this morning it was just old and needed to be changed I had already changed one on the passenger side about 2 months ago

So you did accidentally connect the terminals backwards?

Are you no longer needing help?

Ford Mechanic: Chris (aka- Moose), Technician replied 10 months ago

Hello Chris here again,

I am checking in to make sure you got everything you expected from my answer. The option to rate my response or reply is still available. I want to make sure you were pleased with what you paid for.

Thanks Chris