Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Control not working. Blower only works in the 3 4 setting.

Customer Question
Heather control not working...

Heather control not working. Blower only works in the 3 4 setting. Also air will only come out of the AC vent. No floor heat or defrost. I think I need to replace the control module.

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the coolant level? Have you checked to make sure the thermostat is working?

Yes. There is heat & AC.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Ford?

05 explorer

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Explorer yourself? What have you tried so far?

Probably gonna replace the 3 switch cluster.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Nope. It seems like the best place to start because the 3 switch cluster has problems with 2 of the 3 switches.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Ford
9/20/2017
Ford Mechanic: 6Bucs, Ford Senior Master replied 8 months ago
6Bucs
6Bucs, Ford Senior Master

Hello and thank you for your question. My name is James.

Since the a/c and temperature control work, we know there is sufficient power and ground to the control panel. The panel blend switch and blower operate separately, though they share the same power source, so you are correct in replacing the switch and retesting.

James.

Hello. Did you still need assistance?

This site only works on the 5 star rating system at the top of your screen. When your question has been answered satisfactorily, please take a moment to leave a positive rating for our interaction. This is my personal report card and how experts are compensated for their work.

Thank you , I will try replacing the switch .
And thank you for your timely response, and knowledge.
Ford Mechanic: 6Bucs, Ford Senior Master replied 7 months ago

Ok thank you. This question remains in my que as needing assistance until you are able to use the star rating system at the top of this page. If you can leave a rating it will show your question as complete. You can always post back here with updates later on.

Have a great night.

James.

6Bucs
6Bucs
6Bucs, Ford Senior Master