Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

We have a 2010 escape. About 2 weeks ago the tailgate quit…

Customer Question
We have a 2010...

We have a 2010 escape. About 2 weeks ago the tailgate quit unlocking. The glass will open but not the lower part. I have heard that there is a reset button inside. Is this true and if so where is it located?

Mechanic's Assistant: Is this your first time dealing with this issue?

Yes

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Escape yourself? What have you tried so far?

Well if I can do it myself I would rather than taking it to a shop for $80 or more. the only thing I could think of is using the lock set in the car and the key lock.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Well I have tried grease and WD 40

Submitted: 12 months ago.Category: Ford
9/20/2017
Ford Mechanic: Chris (aka- Moose), Technician replied 12 months ago
Chris (aka- Moose), Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose).

• Although I work here everyday, please understand it is not all day and rarely morning time.
  • To get the most from me and the best experience, please give me the best details you can.
  • The website will offer you a phone call option for more $$. Some I do fulfill and some I do not.
  • Thanks, let's get started. If I upload dropbox links, without the app use the box in the top right for direct download.

There is not a reset button. There is a way to man handle the latch from within the gate to get it opened. You must remove the trim from within the suv as best you can to get to the latch then work the latch by hand to get the gate open. Then test the latch for electrical signal being sent and received to see if the lock actuator is the problem. If you can do these things, I can help.

Now that I have posted a partial or complete answer, you will see you can rate me. The deposit you have already paid is not transferred to me until you rate me. I would like to receive nothing less than 5 star excellent ratings. So if we are not there yet, please reply and let me help more. If you're not pleased, let me know because rating bad does not result in a refund, there are better options. Rating now will not close this post nor prevent replying. Thanks Chris

Ford Mechanic: Chris (aka- Moose), Technician replied 11 months ago

Hello Chris here again,

I am checking in to make sure you got everything you expected from my answer. The option to rate my response or reply is still available. I want to make sure you were pleased with what you paid for.

Thanks Chris