Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have been informed hat my engine has a dead hole. About…

Customer Question
Hello I have...

Hello I have been informed hat my engine has a dead hole. About 15% less compression than the others. Would like to know what my options are. Dealer says new engine.

Mechanic's Assistant: How many miles are on the car? Is it an automatic or a manual transmission?

125K Auto

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '15 Ford?

E150 Cargo Van

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Cargo yourself? What have you tried so far?

No I am not experienced

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

COst of replacement or possible fixes.

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Ford
9/20/2017
Ford Mechanic: Chris (aka- Moose), Technician replied 9 months ago
Chris (aka- Moose), Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose).

• Although I work here everyday, please understand it is not all day and rarely morning time.
  • To get the most from me and the best experience, please give me the best details you can.
  • The website will offer you a phone call option for more $$. Some I do fulfill and some I do not.
  • Thanks, let's get started. If I upload dropbox links, without the app use the box in the top right for direct download.

First off we need to know why it is down on compression.

1. Is a rod bent
  2. Is there a hole in the piston
  3. Are the rings and cylinder walls worn
  4. Is the head or gasket damaged
  5. Is there a valve issue.

Did they tell you why it is down on compression? This will tell us the best option to address it also how much are you willing the spend?

Now that I have posted a partial or complete answer, you will see you can rate me. The deposit you have already paid is not transferred to me until you rate me. I would like to receive nothing less than 5 star excellent ratings. So if we are not there yet, please reply and let me help more. If you're not pleased, let me know because rating bad does not result in a refund, there are better options. Rating now will not close this post nor prevent replying. Thanks Chris

Hello Chris here again,

I am checking in to make sure you got everything you expected from my answer. The option to rate my response or reply is still available. I want to make sure you were pleased with what you paid for.

Thanks Chris