Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience
2499435

Second opinion] Did not put it in park. Ran the battery

Second opinion] Did not put it in park. Ran the battery down. Charged about an hour. Will not start while hooked up to charger and will not start at all. Lights come on while hooked to charger. We have not been in the car since Thursday and did not realize it was like that till today.JA: Just to clarify, what are the exact lights you're talking about?Customer: All dash lights and head lightsJA: What is the model/year of your Ford?Customer: F(###) ###-####limitedJA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?Customer: Tried hooking it to a charger and charged it for 1 hour. Tried to start it while hooked to a charger and won't startJA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?Customer: I feel like it has shut the starter down and there is something I need to be doing.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose).

• Although I work here everyday, please understand it is not all day and rarely morning time.
  • To get the most from me and the best experience, please give me the best details you can.
  • The website will offer you a phone call option for more $$. Some I do fulfill and some I do not.
  • Thanks, let's get started. If I upload dropbox links, without the app use the box in the top right for direct download.

Do you own a volt meter?

Key or push button start?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
No volt meter
Push button start

Will the instrument cluster power up like if the ignition system were in the run position? If so what does the theft light do in this case?

Have you tried a jump start?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Did at first,now completly dead. Nothing is coming on. I have not tried to jump start from another vehicle but from a charger.

So at this time not even the headlights will come on?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Nothing

Okay, lets remove both battery cables. Hold them together for one minute to reset the computer then reconnect and test. If you get the same results then your battery has likely shorted the plates internally and is bad needing to be replaced. You can try a jumpstart, that may get it running if needed.

Now that I have posted a partial or complete answer, you will see you can rate me. The deposit you have already paid is not transferred to me until you rate me. I would like to receive nothing less than 5 star excellent ratings. So if we are not there yet, please reply and let me help more. If you're not pleased, let me know because rating bad does not result in a refund, there are better options. Rating now will not close this post nor prevent replying. Thanks Chris

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I am still not there

What have you done since we talked?