Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

What can I replace to allow AC/heater air into cab thru dash…

Customer Question
What can I replace...

What can I replace to allow AC/heater air into cab thru dash vents? 2000 Ford Ranger pickup

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the coolant level? Has there been any leaking from the hoses?

Yes no

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Ranger Pickup yourself? What have you tried so far?

Removed most of dash. is there a vacuum device/hose that allows the air to enter the main air duct in center of dash?

Submitted: 12 months ago.Category: Ford
9/20/2017
Ford Mechanic: A. Penland, Ford Senior Master Technician, ASE replied 12 months ago
A. Penland
A. Penland, Ford Senior Master Technician, ASE

Is the air only coming out the top of the dash through the defroster vents?

You have vacuum leak. Inspect the vacuum line that comes from the engine to the passenger side firewall where the evaporator is. One line is gray and the other one is black. The black one is prone to cracking due to engine heat. Inspect the lines under the hood first and make sure the black one is connected to the engine.