Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a2005 ford exploer battery whentdead, i bought the…

Customer Question
I have a2005 ford...

I have a2005 ford exploer battery whentdead

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you tested the battery with a voltmeter? And can you see if it's leaking or not?

I bought the car useddidnt come with alsrm clicker so i bought one set it to car but car wont srart and some told me i half to have my key reset

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your Explorer?

2005

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Explorer yourself? What have you tried so far?

Justclick the key eight timesto set

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

N0

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Ford
9/19/2017
Ford Mechanic: A. Penland, Ford Senior Master Technician, ASE replied 11 months ago
A. Penland
A. Penland, Ford Senior Master Technician, ASE

Can you give me the VIN#?

Is the red theft light flashing rapidly when you try to start the engine?

Is the horn sounding off when you try to start the engine?