Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

When driving engine feels like it downshifted and loses

Customer Question
When driving engine feels...

When driving engine feels like it downshifted and loses power. Noticed it has a negative advance spark reading every time it happens

Mechanic's Assistant: Is the power loss consistent, or does it fluctuate?

It happens at different speeds

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Ford?

2004 f150 5.4 triton

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your F150 yourself? What have you tried so far?

I have repaired the timing chain gaurds and replaced all coil packs and spark plugs

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Fixing myself

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Ford
9/20/2017
Ford Mechanic: Chris (aka- Moose), Technician replied 8 months ago
Chris (aka- Moose), Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose).

• Although I work here everyday, please understand it is not all day and rarely morning time.
  • To get the most from me and the best experience, please give me the best details you can.
  • The website will offer you a phone call option for more $$. Some I do fulfill and some I do not.
  • Thanks, let's get started. If I upload dropbox links, without the app use the box in the top right for direct download.

Any warning lights on?

Feels like it down shifted, can you downshift from 4th to 3rd to 2nd to 1st manually to see if what you are feeling is actually a downshift?

The truck is an automatic transmission
Ron, ASE Certified Technician